Kit N. Simpson
Kit N. Simpson, DrPH
- DrPH Health Policy and Administration, University of North Carolina (1988)
- MPH Health Policy and Administration, University of North Carolina (1983)
- Diploma in Medical Technology, Hospitalslaborantskolen, Copenhagen and Slagelse Centralsygehus (Central Hospital), Denmark (1968)
- Diploma in Business Administration, Slagelse Handelsskole, Slagelse, Denmark (1964)
- July 1, 2015 - June 30, 2019 Co-Principal Investigator
"Targeted Interventions to Prevent Chronic Low Back Pain in High Risk Patients: A Multi-Site Pragmatic RCT"
- February 1, 2014 - January 31, 2017 Co-Investigator
"Telemedicine in ICU care"
- April 15, 2014 - May 30, 2015 Principal Investigator
"Estimating Cost of Cure for HCV in 20 developed countries"
- September 15, 2005 - August 31, 2013
"The ALIAS/IMS3 Study"
NIH/National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
- Stanowski AC, Simpson K, White A. (2015). Pay for Performance: Are Hospitals Becoming More Efficient in Improving Their Patient Experience? Journal of Healthcare Management. 60(4):268-85.
- Kazley, AS; Hund JJ, Simpson KN, Chavin K, Baliga. (2015). Health literacy and kidney transplant outcomes. Progress in Transplantation. 25(1):85-90.
- Palesch YY, Yeatts SD, Tomsick TA, Foster LD, Demchuk AM, Khatri P, Hill MD, Jauch EC, Jovin TG, Yan B, von Kummer R, Molina CA, Goyal M, Schonewille WJ, Mazigh M, Engelter ST, Anderson C, Spilker J, Carrozzella J, Ryckborst KJ, Janis LS, Simpson AN, Simpson KN, and Broderick JP, for the Interventional Management of Stroke III Investigators. (2015). Twelve-Month Clinical and Quality-of-Life Outcomes in the Interventional Management of Stroke III Trial. Stroke; 46:1321-1327.
- Goodwin AJ, Rice DA, Simpson KN, Ford DW. (2015). Frequency, cost, and risk factors of readmission among severe sepsis survivors. Critical Care Medicine; 43:738–746.
- Simpson AN, Simpson KN. (2015). Chapter 11. Comparative Effectiveness. In Medical Epidemiology: Population Health and Effective Health Care 5th Edition. Greenberg RS Ed. Lange Basic Science.
- Simpson, K N; Chen, S-Y; Wu, A W; Boulanger, L; Chambers, R; Nedrow, K; Tawadrous, M; Pashos, C L; Haider, S. (2014). Costs of adverse events among patients with HIV infection treated with nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors. HIV Medicine, 15(8):488-98.
- Simpson AN, Simpson KN, Dubno JR. (2015). Health-related quality of life in older adults: Effects of hearing loss and common chronic conditions. Healthy Aging Research, 4:4.
- Wang L, Haider S, Nedrow K, Chambers R, Tawadrous M, Baser O, Simpson KN. (2015). HIV economic burden of illness in the Veterans Health Administration population. AIDS Care. Jan; 27(1):123-31.
- Kazley AS, Jordan J, Simpson KN, Chavin K, Rodrigue J, Baliga P. (2014). Development and testing of a disease-specific health literacy measure in kidney transplant patients. Progress in Transplantation, 24(3):263-70.
- White BM, Ellis Jr C, Simpson KN. (2014). Preventable hospital admissions among the homeless in California: A retrospective analysis of care for ambulatory care sensitive conditions. BMC Health Services Research. Oct 25; 14(1):511.
- Johnson EE, Simpson KN. (2014). Discharge disposition after bariatric surgery. Obesity Surgery. Oct; 24(10):1821-5.
- Simpson KN, Simpson AC, Mauldin PD, Hill MD, Yeatts SD, Spilker JA, Foster LD, Khatri P, Martin RL, Jauch EC, Kleindorfer D, Palesch YY, Broderick JP, for the IMS III Investigators. (2014). Drivers of Costs Associated with Reperfusion Therapy in Acute Stroke: The IMS III Trial. Stroke. 45(6):1791–1798.
- Solem CT, Snedecor SJ, Khachatryan A, Nedrow K, Tawadrous M, Chambers R, Haider S, Simpson KN. (2014). Cost of Treatment in a US Commercially Insured, HIV-1-Infected Population. PLOS One, May 27, 2014.
- Simpson K, Chen SY, Wu A, Boulanger L, Chambers R, Nedrow K, Tawadrous M, Pashos C, Haider S. (2014). Cost of adverse events among patients with HIV infection treated with nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors. HIV Medicine, 2014 Mar 18.
- Sanders RB, Simpson KN, Kazley AS, Giarrizzi DP. (2014). New hospital telemedicine services: Potential market for a nighttime telehospital service. Telemedicine Journal and e-health. 2014 Mar 24.
Recent Honors & Awards
- MUSC College of Health Professions Scholar of the Year, 2014
- MUSC College of Health Professions Scholar of the Year, 2007
- MUSC Collaborating Faculty Scholar Award, Physician Assistant Program, 2006