Joseph J. Sistino
Joseph J. Sistino PhD CCP
- PhD, Health and Rehabilitation Science, Medical University of South Carolina
- MS, Clinical Research, Medical University of South Carolina
- MPA, Health Care Administration, Long Island University
- BS, Cardiorespiratory Sciences, State University of New York at Stony Brook
- CCP, Certified Cardiovascular Perfusionist (1978)
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (1975)
Areas of Teaching
- Principles and Practices of Extracorporeal Circulation
- Clinical Experience in Perfusion
- Perfusion Research
- Quality of life after pediatric cardiac surgery including the development of ADHD
- Use of simulation in perfusion education
- Sievert, A. N., Sistino, J.J. A meta-analysis of the renal benefits to pulsatile perfusion in cardiac surgery. JECT 2012; 44(1):10-14.
- Sistino, J. J., Michaud, N. M., Sievert, A. N., & Shackelford, A. G. Incorporating high fidelity simulation into perfusion education. Perfusion 2011; 26 (5): 390-394.
- Sistino, J.J., Ellis. C. Effects of health disparities on survival after neonatal heart surgery- why racial, ethnic, gender, and socioeconomic status should be included in the analysis JECT 2011, 43(4), 232-235.
- Sistino, J. J. Back to the stacks--looking at classic papers related to the current practice of cardiopulmonary bypass. JECT 2010 42(4), 265-267. (editorial)
- Barnum, J., Sistino J. Renal dysfunction in cardiac surgery: identifying potential risk factors. Perfusion 2009; 24(2): 139-42.
- Sistino, J. Using decision-analysis and meta-analysis to predict coronary artery bypass surgical outcomes - a model for comparing off-pump surgery to miniaturized cardiopulmonary bypass circuits. Perfusion 2008; 23(5): 255-60.
- Kinard, M. R., 2nd, A. G. Shackelford, Sistino J. Gravity separation of pericardial fat in cardiotomy suction blood: an in vitro model. JECT 2009; 41(2): 89-91.
- Hudacko A, Sievert A, Sistino J. Gaseous microemboli in a pediatric bypass circuit with an unprimed venous line: an in vitro study. JECT 2009; 41(3): 166-71.
- Whitlow, J, Shackelford A, Sistino J. Barriers to the acceptance and use of autologous platelet gel. Perfusion 2008; 23(5): 283-9.
- Sistino J. Investing in our future. The Thomas J. Wharton Memorial Lecture. Proceedings of the Amer Acad of Cardiovasc Perf (28) 7-11, 2007.
- Whitlow, J., Shackelford, A., Sievert, A., & Sistino, J. Barriers to the acceptance and use of autologous platelet gel. Perfusion 2008, 23: 283-289.
- Sistino J.J. Perfusion Safety. Proceedings of the Amer Acad of Cardiovas Perf 2008; 29:61-64.