Cristina Reyes Smith
Cristina Reyes Smith, OTD, OTR/L
- OTD Occupational Therapy, Thomas Jefferson University (2010)
- MS Occupational Therapy, Medical University of South Carolina (2006)
- BA Art History, College of Charleston (2000)
Areas of Teaching
- Delivery and Management of Occupational Therapy Services
- Professional Issues in Occupational Therapy
- Leadership and Advocacy for Occupational Therapy
- Consumer Access to Occupational Therapy
- Developmental Disabilities
- Vesely, P. & Smith, C. R. (2016). Alegría: A dance-based community health education program for Spanish-speaking families. SIS Quarterly Practice Connections: A Supplement to OT Practice, 1(1), 4-5.
- Wilson, S., Anvarizadeh, A. Drazen, C. H., Holland, D., Kwebetchou, N., Smith, C. R., & Skowronski, J. (2015). Diversity in the workforce: Perspectives from emerging leaders. OT Practice Magazine, 20(21), 19-20.
- Smith, C.R., Drazen, C.H., & Toth-Cohen, S. (2014). No hablo inglés: Client-centered occupational therapy practice with Spanish-speaking clients, OT Practice Magazine, 19(22), 8-12.
- Smith, C.R. “Terapia Pediátrica: Culturally‐Responsive OT Practice with Spanish‐Speaking Children and Their Families.” American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) National Conference, Apr 2016. Chicago, IL.
- Smith, C.R. “Developing a Diverse Workforce: Recruitment and Retention of a Diverse Occupational Therapy Student Body.” AOTA National Conference, Apr 2016. Chicago, IL.
- Smith, C.R. “Current Topics and Trends in Pediatric Practice: Client-Centered Occupational Therapy Practice with Spanish-Speaking Clients.” SCOTA State Conference, Feb 2016. Charleston, SC.
- Smith, C.R. “No Hablo Ingles: Cultural Considerations for Service Delivery with Spanish-Speaking Populations.” MUSC College of Health Professionals Student Health Professionals United in Recognizing Diversity (SHPURD) Hispanic-American Heritage Month Presentation, Oct 2015. Charleston, SC.
- Smith, C.R. "Promoting a Diverse Workforce: Actualizing the Centennial Vision." AOTA National Conference, Apr 2015. Nashville, TN.
- Smith, C.R. "Diversity in the Workforce: Perspectives from Emerging Leaders." AOTA National Conference, Apr 2014. Baltimore, MD.
- Smith, C.R. "Sensorimotor Success – Sensorimotor Activities and Strategies to Enhance Daily Life." Family Connections of South Carolina, 2014. Columbia, SC.
- Smith, C.R. "Common Spanish and Sign Language for Pediatric Practice." SCOTA Lowcountry District Fall Meeting and Continuing Education Sessions, 2013. Charleston, SC.
- Smith, C.R. "No Hablo Ingles: Client-Centered Occupational Therapy Practice with Spanish-Speaking Clients." AOTA National Conference, Apr 2013. San Diego, CA.
Recent Honors & Awards
- Emily L. Moore and J. Herman Blake CARE Fund Award for Pioneer Volunteer Faculty Leaders in the CARES Therapy Clinic, 2013
- American Occupational Therapy Association Emerging Leaders Development Program Participant, 2012