David Sword, PT, DPT, CCS, CSCS
- DPT, Massachusetts General Hospital (2006)
- BS, Physical Therapy, Medical University of South Carolina (1993)
- MS, Exercise Science, Oakland University (1988)
- BS, Exercise Science, Eastern Michigan University (1986)
Areas of Teaching
- Health Promotion
- Exercise Physiology
- Cardiopulmonary Physical Therapy
- Resistance Training in the Elderly
- Resistance Training in Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Role of Exercise in the Prevention of Chronic Disease
- Sword, David O., Resistance training in cardiac rehabilitation: risks, benefits, and recommendations. Journal of SC Med Assoc 1992; 88: No. 2, 65.
- DOD (Department of Defense). Project 18: Effects of Exercise Type on Alleviating Fatigue in Women With Breast Cancer. PI: Yuen, H., Participating Faculty: D. O. Sword. (8/1/2002-7/30/2004, Total: $185,000.00), Current Year Amount: $76,136.00.
- Home Physical Activity Programs for the Promotion of Health and Wellness in Individuals with a Spinal Cord Injury. SC Spinal Cord Injury Research Fund. Jack Thomas, Co-Principal Investigator. Participating Faculty: D.O. Sword. $150,000.00. 2004-2006.