Karen A. Wager
Karen A. Wager, DBA
- DBA Information Systems, University of Sarasota (1999)
- Master in Health Science, Concentration in Finance and Information Systems, Medical University of South Carolina (1988)
- BS Health Record Administration, University of Pittsburgh (1982)
Areas of Teaching
- Management and Health Information Systems
- Managing Health Information Resources
- Interprofessional education
- Adoption and use of electronic health records
- Impact of clinical information systems on organizations (e.g., effiency, safety, quality)
- Wager, KA., Annan-Coultas, D., Coker-Bolt, P., Seif, G., and Kraft, S. (2015). Interprofessional partnerships: Implementing an electronic health record in a student run free clinic. The Journal of Health Administration Education, 32 (1), 133-147.
- Wager, K.A., Lee, F.W., Glaser, J.P. (2013). Health Care Information Systems: A Practical Approach for Health Care Management, Third Edition. Jossey-Bass, SanFrancisco, CA, 700 pages.
- Seif, G., Coker-Bolt, P., Kraft, S., Wager, K., Annan, D. "The Assessment and Implementation of an Electronic Health Record (EHR) in an Interprofessional Student-Run Free Clinic." Collaborating Across Borders V, Oct 2015. Roanoke, VA.
- Kazley, A. and Wager, KA. "Peer to peer teaching and learning." Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA) Annual Conference, June 2015. Miami, FL.
- Wager, K., Stanowski, A. and Williams-Carlson, L. (2014, March 15). "The role of the board in the implementation of an EHR: The Bon Secours experience." American College of Heatlhcare Executives (ACHE) Congress, Mar 2014. Chicago, IL.
- Kraft S, Wager K, Seif G, Coker-Bolt P, Annan-Coultas D. "The assessment and implementation of an electronic health record in an interprofessional student-run free clinic." The Association of Allied Health Professions (ASAHP) Conference, Oct 2014. Las Vegas, NV.
- Wager, KA., Freeman, R., Hooks, J. "MHA students partner with academic medical cent to analyze and improve workflow prior to EHR implementation." AUPHA Academic Forum, Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Annual Conference, Feb 2014. Orlando, FL.
- Wager, KA. "Challenges and opportunities in furthering the adoption and use of electronic health records." Charleston Swallowing Conference, Annual Conference, Oct 2013. Charleston, SC.
Recent Honors & Awards
- South Carolina Governor’s Distinguished Professor Award, 2008
- MUSC Excellence in Teaching Award, Educator-Lecturer Category, 2008