Holly H. Wise
Holly H. Wise, PT, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. Administration of Higher Education, University of Miami (1984)
- MS Physical Therapy, Duke University (1977)
- BA Biology, Wake Forest University (1975)
Areas of Teaching
- Transforming health care
- Clinical Reasoning
- Foundations of Physical Therapy
- Physical Therapy Interventions
- Scholarship of Teaching
- Interprofessional Practice and Education
- 2015 - 2016 Taskforce Member
National Library of Medicine
- 2013 - 2014 Taskforce Member
"Women’s Health Resource Portal"
National Library of Medicine and Office of Research on Women’s Health
- 2009 - 2014 Training Director
"Rehabilitation Research and Training Center on Secondary Conditions in Individuals with Spinal Cord Injury."
Department of Education, NIDRR
- Wise HH, Resnik C, Frost JS, Davis B, Iglarsh ZA. (2015) Interprofessional Education: An Exploration in Physical Therapist Education. Journal of Physical Therapy Education, 29(2), 72-83.
- Wise HH, Mauldin MP, Ragucci K, Fowler T. Su Z, Zhang J, Mauldin J, Scheurer D, Borckardt. (2015). Linking Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Practice Through TeamSTEPPS®. Journal of Interprofessional Education and Practice. 1(2),76.
- Kraft SV, Wise HH, Jacques PJ. (2013) Discharge Planning Simulation: Training the Interprofessional Team for the Future Workplace. Journal of Allied Health, 42(3), 175-181.
- Wise HH, Yuen HK. (2013) Effect of Community-based Service Learning on Professionalism in Student Physical Therapists. Journal of Physical Therapy Education, 27(2), 58-64.
- Davis BP, Jernigan SD, Wise HH. "TeamSTEPPS®: Team Strategies and Tools to Enhance Performance and Patient Safety." 3-hour workshop. American Physical Therapy Association Educational Leadership Conference, Oct 2015. Baltimore, MD.
- Wise HH, Mauldin MP, Su Z, Ragucci K, Fowler T. "TeamSTEPPS® Training and Experiential Learning for Health Professions and Graduate Students within a Hospital-based Quality Improvement Project." Collaborating Across Borders V, Sept 2015. Roanoke,VA.
- Jernigan SD, Shrader S, Johnson K, Wise HH, Mauldin MP, Ragucci K. "Bridging Interprofessional Education and Interprofessional Collaborative Practice through TeamSTEPPS®." Collaborating Across Borders V, Sept 2015. Roanoke,VA.
- Mauldin M, Wise H, Ragucci K. "How Do We Know What We Don’t Know? From Interprofessional Education to Practice." Interprofessional Health Care Summit: From Education to Practice, Apr 2015. Savannah, GA.
- Wise HH, Mauldin MP, Ragucci K, Fowler T. Su Z, Zhang J, Mauldin J, Scheurer D, Borckardt. "Linking Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Practice Through TeamSTEPPS®." National Academies of Practice Annual Conference, Apr 2015. Washington DC.
- Wise HH, Resnik C, Iglarsh AZ, Frost JS, Davis B. "Interprofessional Education: An Exploration in Physical Therapist Education." 90-minute workshop. American Physical Therapy Association Educational Leadership Conference, Oct 2014. Kansas City, MO.
- Sword DO, Thomas KJ, Wise HH, Brown DD. "A Simplified Method for Evaluating Cardiopulmonary Auscultation Skills in Student Physical Therapist." Poster. American Physical Therapy Association Educational Leadership Conference, Oct 2014. Kansas City, MO.
- Wise H, Mauldin M, Mitcham M, Williamson D, Garr D, Cawley P. "Crescendo: Strengthening the Voice of Recipients in Improving their Health." 90-minute workshop. All Together Better Health, June 2014. Pittsburgh, PA.
- Wise H. "Maintaining Posture." Promoting Healthy Ideas: Polio Health International 11th International Conference, June 2014. St. Louis, MO.
- Jacques P, Wise H, Carson N. Mitcham M. "Caregivers are Heroes." Narrative Bridge Conference, Feb 2014. Charleston, SC.
- Coker-Bolt P, Mitcham M, Graber D,Wise H, Jacques P, Edlund B, Annan-Coultas D. "The Caring Professionals Program: Increasing Caring and Compassionate Attitudes in OT Students." Poster. The American Occupational Therapy Annual Conference and Exposition, Apr 2013. San Diego, CA.
Recent Honors & Awards
- Distinguished Fellow in the Academy of Physical Therapy, 2015
- MUSC College of Health Professions Excellence in Service, 2007
- Health Sciences Foundation Teaching Excellence Award in the Educator-Mentor Category Nominee, 2006