Michelle L. Woodbury, Ph.D., OTR/L
- Ph.D. Rehabilitation Science, University of Florida (2006)
- MA Intercultural Studies, Columbia International University (1995)
- BS Occupational Therapy, Elizabethtown College (1986)
Areas of Teaching
- Neurorehabilitation Occupational Therapy
- Research Seminar
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Upper Extremity Motor Function
- Central Nervous System injury/disease
- Motor abilities
- May 1, 2015 - February 1, 2016 Co-Principal Investigator
"Partnership for Physical Rehabilitation Post-Stroke"
PCORI Tier 1
- January 2015 - January 2017 Site Principal Investigator
NINDS StrokeNet Multisite Stroke Recovery Trial
- January 2015 - December 2015 Co-Principal Investigator
"Halo Neuroscience MUSC Motor Stroke Rehabilitation Clinical Trial"
Halo Neuroscience Corporation
- June 2014 - March 2019 Rehabilitation Core Resource Mentor and Supervisor
"South Carolina Research Center for Recovery from Stroke"
Centers of Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE)
- April 2013 - March 2017 Principal Investigator
"Patient-Targeted Upper Extremity Rehabilitation After Stroke"
VA Rehabilitation R&D Merit Review Award
- Anderson, K.R., Woodbury, M.L., Phillips K., & Gauthier L.V. (In press). Virtual reality video games to promote movement recovery in stroke rehabilitation. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Coker-Bolt, P., Woodbury ML., Jenkins D. (2014) Identifying premature infant at high and low risk for motor delays using motor performance testing and MRS. Journal of Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine.
- Sabari, J., Woodbury, M.L., Velozo, C.A. (2014) Rasch analysis of a new hierarchical scoring system for evaluating hand function on the Motor Assessment Scale for stroke. Stroke Research and Treatment, vol 2014, Article ID 730298, 10 pages.
- Woodbury, ML., Velozo, CA., Richards, LG., Duncan, PW., (2013) The use of Rasch analysis staging methodology to classify upper extremity movement impairment after stroke. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 94(8): 1527-1533.
- Bowden MG, Woodbury ML, Duncan PW. (2013) Promoting neuroplasticity and recovery after stroke: future directions for rehabilitation clinical trials. Current Opinion in Neurology, 26(1):37-42.
- Woodbury, ML., Velozo CA. "Task difficulty matched to person ability improved upper extremity motor skill after stroke: A proof of concept study." Third Annual Occupational Therapy Summit of Scholars, May 2014. Philadelphia PA.
- Woodbury, ML., Malcolm, M. "Current Trends in Post-Stroke Upper Extremity Motor Rehabilitation." South Carolina Occupational Therapy State Conference, Feb 2013. Columbia, SC.
Recent Honors & Awards
- MUSC Foundation Educator/Mentor Teaching Excellence Award, 2014
- University of Florida College of Public Health and Health Professions Teaching Excellence Award Finalist, 2009
- University of Florida College of Public Health and Health Professions Research Excellence Award, 2006