Successful applicants to the PhD program have completed a bachelor’s or graduate degree that prepared them to focus on: functional limitations, pathology and impairment, and health services.
All applicants must:
- Demonstrate through previous academic work and related professional experience their likelihood of success in the Ph.D. program and a research career
- Demonstrate potential for successful pairing with a faculty mentor and a team conducting research in the student’s area of interest
Our admissions committee will review:
- Scores on the GRE
- GPA (3.0 minimum required) in prior academic program(s)
- Personal Statement
- Relevant degrees or professional experience
- Professional letters of reference
Strong candidates will be invited to interview.
- Complete university application.
- Submit official transcripts from previous colleges/universities (A minimum 3.0 GPA is required)
- Submit three (3) letters of reference from professionals and/or academics who are familiar with your research aptitude. At least two of these letters must come from doctorally prepared faculty who have taught you in relevant coursework and can assess the likelihood of your academic and research success in a PhD program.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) results (View official results)
- Personal Statement
- Foreign Institutions – Academic records from foreign institutions must be provided in English and must be certified or validated as true by a university or government official. The PhD in Health and Rehabilitation Science program requires that international transcripts be evaluated by professional agencies and submitted to MUSC in unopened envelopes. The international transcript evaluation must show the equivalency of work completed outside the United States.
The following websites provide more information about professional transcript evaluation agencies:
- Information for International Students
Please note: All above information must be received before an admission decision can be made. It is the applicant's responsibility to review the status of his/her application by visiting: musc.edu/admissions/current/progress.html
Application for Fall 2018 opens
July 1, 2017
Feb. 28, 2018
By Invitation Only
Admission offers sent by
By May 1, 2018