Doctor of Physical Therapy - Laptop Standards
All students beginning the Doctoral of Physical Therapy (DPT) program in 2017 must bring to campus a laptop that meets or exceeds college standards, developed to ensure compatibility with existing infrastructure and policy. New students attend a technology orientation and will be assisted with accessing the campus network, email, course materials, software downloads, and mobile device management. You will need a laptop at this time. Tablet computers are not sufficient at this time for use to complete all school-related work.
Hardware and Software Standards
Almost all required software is available to students at minimal or no charge. Students are highly encouraged to visit the CHP Software webpage. CHP IT will not be able to offer hardware repair for any student-owned laptops.
Unsure of your current hardware and software? Read How do I check my laptop specifications?
Students who need to purchase a new Microsoft Windows® computer are encouraged to consider one with a Professional grade operating system and Trusted Platform Module (TPM) chip because these laptops include a native encryption application. All modern Mac computers include a native encryption application. Laptop models recommended on this page include those that can be ordered with these capabilities.
Suggested Laptop Models
Below are suggested laptop models for students considering the purchase of a new computer. Students assume all risk and responsibility when purchasing these models.
- Dell Latitude series with Trusted Platform Module (TPM) - http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/latitude-laptops
- Dell Precision series with Trusted Platform Module (TPM) - http://pilot.search.dell.com/Precision%20series%20laptop
- Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbo - http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/x-series/x1-carbon/?menu-id=thinkpad_x1_carbon_gen_4
- Macbook Pro 13" - http://www.apple.com
- Macbook Pro 15" - http://www.apple.com
For more information or questions, email: email@example.com. Page last updated 3/15/2017