Purpose and Design
The purpose of our technical assistance activities is to provide both group and individual assistance to investigators, clinicians, policymakers, and those doing service delivery regarding the development, implementation, and utilization of research in the provision of services for persons with disabilities from underserved populations. Our technical assistance activities includes workshops, webcasts, CHORCUP website, student mentoring and individualized tecnical assistance. We enhance the expertise of those receiving technical assistance to perform or utilize research to improve the quality of life for persons with disabilities from underserved populations. Our technical assistance activities has a high probability of success because they draw upon our 20 years of successful research on neurologic injuries (including our specific expertise in the area of disparities or outcomes among underserved racial‐ethnic groups), our history of funded research, the strength of our collaborations, and the quality of the information we will provide.
- Two workshops during Years 4 and 5.
- Targeted towards professional audiences who work in research, clinical settings, and deal with rehabilitation and underserved populations.
- Collaborate with South Carolina State University. MORE DETAILS
- One webcast per year; total of four webcasts.
- NCDRR webcast is 90 minutes long; MUSC webcasts are 60 minutes long.MORE DETAILS
- Updated quarterly throughout the 5 year cycle.
- Targets rehabilitation researchers and clinicians, educators and students, service providers, policymakers, and consumers and their families.
Student Mentoring (see video above)
- Mentor 8 undergraduate students and 5 graduate students.
- 10-week summer program.
- Completion of program includes a written paper and oral presentation describing research and findings. MORE DETAILS
Individualized Technical Assistance
- Based on requests of professionals, service providers, educators, policymakers, and consumers and their families.
- Group technical assistance stimulates individual technical assistance. MORE DETAILS