Plan of Study
The information on this page is intended for the MHA-Executive Program only.
Depending upon the program of study, students will be enrolled in 2 or 3 Internet-based courses each semester. Most courses are offered in a blended format, meaning they are Internet based and include a long weekend on campus. Full time students will take three courses and part time students will take two courses each semester. The on-campus sessions are generally offered in June, September and January of each academic year. Each course offered in the blended format meets for 16 hours over the four-day period. Both full and part time Incoming students in the Executive program only begin in the Summer semester.
Please note: Semesters begin approximately 2-3 weeks before the on-campus sessions are held. Check with division for each semester's start date.
The upcoming dates are:
Fall 2013: Sept 6-9
Spring 2014: Jan 17-20
Summer 2014: June 5-8
The Executive MHA curriculum consists of 54 semester hours: 51 semester hours of core coursework and 3 semester hours of elective coursework.
Select the appropriate program of study below to see the list of curriculum:
- Health Policy*
- Health Economics
- Health Care Delivery Systems*
- Health Behavior and Epidemiology*
- Healthcare Management
- Statistical Analysis in Health Systems
- Health Care Accounting
- Financial Management
- Seminar in Ethical Leadership
- Health Law and Risk Management*
- Organization Theory and Behavior
- Management and Health Information Systems*
- Strategic Management
- Human Resources Management
- Reimbursement Systems
- Health Care Marketing
- Quality Management in Health Care Services
- Operations and Project Management
*Denotes completely Internet-based course.
Students may select one of the following courses:
- Health Care Financing
- Managing Across the Continuum of Care
- Health Administration Field Project
Please note: Courses and requirements may change as deemed necessary and appropriate.