A bachelor's degree and 20 hours of prerequisite coursework are required.
- GRE scores submitted at the time of application.
- To obtain credit for volunteer/work experience, each applicant must complete 30 hours specifically in occupational therapy.
- Three reference forms; one from the occupational therapy practitioner who supervised volunteer or work experience. The second and third references should be provided by major advisors or professors.
- These forms are found inside the university application.
|Human Anatomy (must include lab)||4|
|Human Physiology (must include lab)||4|
|Lifespan Human Development||3|
|Plus CPR certification required*|
- For a guide of Frequently Approved Prerequisites, click here.
- The Office of Enrollment Management is able to offer unofficial transcript evaluations from March 1st - June 30th. Please call Enrollment Management at 843-792-2536 to speak with an admissions specialist.
- Combined Anatomy and Physiology courses are accepted; however, you MUST take Anatomy and Physiology I and II to fulfill the separate Anatomy and Physiology requirements.
- *Pre-Admission Certification: First Aid and CPR
American Heart Association, Basic Life Support course for Health Care Providers must be completed before the start of classes. CPR information is available at: www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=3011975
Red Cross, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and Healthcare Provider. CPR information is available at: http://www.redcross.org
- Before applying to our program, please be aware that a felony conviction may affect your ability to sit for the examination administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy after you graduate, and subsequently your ability to attain state licensure. The National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy offers an early determination to assess examination eligibility. Go to www.nbcot.org and read the Early Review section for details.
- Click here for information about transfer course articulation among South Carolina colleges and universities.