Statistics or Biostatistics
Organic Chemistry or Biochemistry
General Chemistry - includes lab
Biology - includes lab
Human Anatomy - includes lab
Human Physiology - includes lab
Microbiology - includes lab
Developmental Psychology or Human Growth and Development
Important information about your prerequisite courses:
- A minimum of 30 credit hours of prerequisite courses (34 credit hours total) must be completed and transcripts received by CASPA by the September 1 application deadline.
- Prerequisite courses must be completed at regionally accredited 2 or 4 year colleges or universities.
- Courses can only be applied towards the prerequisite requirement if a grade of "C" or higher was earned. A prerequisite course may be retaken, and if a higher grade is earned upon retaking a course, the second grade will be used to calculate the prerequisite GPA. However, both grades will be reflected in the cumulative GPA.
- Survey courses, CLEP credit and other courses for which credit was awarded by examination only are not acceptable toward any of the prerequisite courses.
- Combined Anatomy and Physiology courses are accepted; however, an applicant must take Anatomy and Physiology I and II with labs to fulfill the separate Anatomy and Physiology requirements.
- All prerequisite coursework MUST be completed within the past 10 years.
- There will be no waivers or exceptions to the requirements.
- For a guide to Frequently Approved Prerequisites, click here.
- The MUSC Office of Enrollment Management (OEM) offers unofficial transcript evaluations from March 1st - June 30th. Send requests to: email@example.com.
- Any questions regarding prerequisite coursework should be submitted by email to the OEM Admissions Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.