The Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program at Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) seeks applicants that exemplify compassion/caring, excellence, integrity, and altruism. Successful applicants must also demonstrate leadership ability, commitment to service, and willingness to embrace diversity and inclusion. Beginning July 1, 2016, applicants must complete an application to the DPT program through the Physical Therapy Centralized Application Service (PTCAS) AND through Enrollment Management at MUSC.
Factors considered in the application process:
- Undergraduate and prerequisite GPA
– A minimum 3.0 overall GPA is required.
- GRE scores
– No minimum score; highest score for each section recorded is considered if the GRE has been taken more than once
- Letters of recommendation
– One from a physical therapist
– One from a college advisor or faculty or an employer
- Leadership activities
- Clinical experience in physical therapy
– Minimum of 40 hours under supervision of a physical therapist
- Volunteer/service activities
- Post baccalaureate degree and/or career experience
- Significant achievements as an undergraduate
- Confirm prerequisites, click here.
- Complete PTCAS application: http://www.ptcas.org/home.aspx
- Complete supplemental university application and Prerequisite Course Requirements form and Plans for the Remaining Year form (as applicable).
Please note: All above information must be received before an admission decision can be made. It is the applicant's
responsibility to review the progress of his/her application by viewing: http://www.ptcas.org/home.aspx for PTCAS and
University Admissions | Application Progress for Enrollment Management at MUSC.
Important CPR Information: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers and First Aid certification through the American Heart Association is required. Students have the option of completing the certifications no more than 45 days prior to the start of the program OR participating in certification classes scheduled by the program soon after classes begin.
January - February