Featured MUSC Obesity Resources
MUSC Weight Management Center
- Access educational resources, weight loss tools, and information about MUSC's weight management services. Plus, information about current obesity-related clinical trials.
- Learn about the LEAN for Life program: Lifestyle + Education + Activity + Nutrition
Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence at MUSC
- Free one-hour seminars are held at MUSC at 4 pm on the third Tuesday of January, April, July and October to provide attendees with the chance to meet MUSC's bariatric surgeons and support team, learn about the procedures they perform, ask questions about risks and benefits of surgery, and begin the process of qualifying for surgery.
- Dr. Karl Byrne discusses Weight Loss Surgery: Overview of Procedures, Risks, and Benefits.
MUSC Nutrition Services
- MUSC Nutrition Services has approximately 30 Registered Dietitians that help patients reach their health goals. Educational resources are provided on their website.
MUSC Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health
- In this Grand Round presentation, Patrick O'Neil, PhD and Robert Malcolm, MD discuss obesity.
Diabetes Initiative of South Carolina
- South Carolina Guidelines for Diabetes Care, approved by the Diabetes Initiative of South Carolina on September 2, 2011 and revised on 1/15/2013, include waist circumference measurement to screen for risk of diabetes.
Lighten Up Charleston
- MUSC has partnered with local hospitals, schools and colleges, businesses, health agencies, physicians, and community leaders, to create the Lighten Up Charleston website, providing community resources to assist local residents with the needed support to run a self-sustained weight loss program.
Back to Obesity Home