Obesity Videos and Presentations
The George Washington University School of Public Health and Health Services
The Weight of the Nation
- Bringing together the nation’s leading research institutions, THE WEIGHT of the NATION is a four-part documentary presentation of HBO and the Institute of Medicine (IOM), in association with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and in partnership with the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation and Kaiser Permanente.
23 and 1/2 hours lecture
- Dr. Mike Evans addresses the single best thing we can do through our health through his innovative health messaging video.
- Henry R. Black, MD and Louis J. Aronne, MD present "Bariatric Surgery in Context: An Obesity Consult."
- Yehuda Handelsman, MD, FACP, FACE, FNLA; George A. Bray, MD, MACP, MACE; and W. Timothy Garvey, MD present a four-part series "Obesity and Diabetes 2011: The Twin Epidemics"
The Doctor's Channel
- In this PBS document-ary series, "Fat: What No One is Telling You," the voices of real Americans tell the story of the biological barriers, cultural habits, and economic realities that contribute to our nation's expanding waistline.
- Watch a video demonstration of how to correctly measure waist circumference.
South Carolina DHEC
Back to Obesity Home