| ||The MUSC chapter of SNMA is committed to addressing the health care needs of the minority populations in Charleston, SC through actively participating in and sponsoring local health fairs, bone marrow drives, sickle cell testing, and a large number of other community service activities. We are also committed to informing minority students, on both the secondary and college school level, of the many employment opportunities available to them in the health care profession.|
SNMA Mission Statement
- To create an atmosphere wherein professional excellence and moral principle can find the fullest expression.
- To promote the dissemination of information relative to minority issues in the field of medical education.
- To take the necessary and proper steps to eradicate practices in the field of health profession education that compromises the goal of providing quality education to minorities and women.
- To promote the development of workable programs of legislative policies for the provision of enhanced access to better health care.
- To promote the sponsorship of programs for minority youth to encourage their entrance into the health professions.
- To promote increases in the levels of minority student recruitment, admissions, and retention in schools training health professionals.
Meetings are held the first Thursday of each month in the MUSC library Room 109 at 6PM
|Chapter dues are $25|