A combined MD/MHA degree is available to students in conjunction with the Medical University of South Carolina College of Health Professions. Interested applicants must be admitted separately to each degree program. Requirements:
- Acceptance into the Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine
- Acceptance into the Medical University of South Carolina College of Health Professions
- MCAT scores
- Official transcript from each school or college previously attended
The following prerequisites are waived for the Master in Health Administration program:
- Basic Statistics substituted by Doctoring Curriculum course
- Microeconomics taken during MHA coursework
Combined Course of Study
The combined MD/MHA program is a 5 year course of study. Concurrent coursework is taken in the spring semester of all four years of medical school. The summer between first and second year and the year between the second and third year of medical school is dedicated entirely to MHA coursework. In order to receive the MHA degree, all requirements for the M.D. degree must be completed.
The MHA program will accept up to 6 hours intern credit for the 3rd year Family Medicine/Rural clerkship.
Students are charged MUSC College of Medicine tuition for all 5 years of study. The additional year of tuition is transferred to the College of Health Professions.
For more information about the MHA program at MUSC, please go to http://www.musc.edu/chp/mha/index.htm. For more information about the combined MD/MHA program, please contact Dr. Debra Hazen-Martin in the Dean's office of the College of Medicine at MUSC. email@example.com