|Admissions Requirements |
A combined MD/MPH degree is available to students in conjunction with the University of South Carolina Arnold School of Public Health. Interested applicants must be admitted separately to each degree program. Requirements for students applying to MUSC:
- Acceptance into the Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine
- Acceptance into the University of South Carolina School of Public Health
- Official transcript from each school or college previously attended
- Three letters of recommendation
- Detailed written statement describing the area of study interest in the School of Public Health and specific career goals
Combined Course of Study
The combined MD/MPH program is a 5 year course of study. MPH coursework is taken during the summer between the first and second year of medical school. The year between the third and fourth year of medical school is dedicated entirely to MPH coursework. This may require commuting or residence in Columbia. In order to receive the MPH degree, all requirements for the MD degree must be completed.
The University of South Carolina Arnold School of Public Health will accept up to 3 hours of elective credit for coursework in the Doctoring Curriculum (all 4 semesters) as well as 3 hours practicum credit for the 3rd year Family Medicine/Rural clerkship.
Students will be charged MUSC College of Medicine tuition for the MD coursework and charged USC Arnold School of Public Health tuition for MPH coursework.
For more information about the USC School of Public Health, please go to http://www.sph.sc.edu/. For more information about the combined MD/MPH degree, please contact Dr. Debra Hazen-Martin in the Dean's office of the College of Medicine at MUSC. firstname.lastname@example.org