We are looking for traits essential to becoming great physicians. Click here to find out more about our entrance requirements.
Submit AMCAS Application and MCAT Scores by November 1
Applications are found on line at the Association of American Medical College website: http://www.aamc.org.
Want to tour the campus?
Tours are offered many Fridays throughout the year. For more information please e-mail COM-Admissions@musc.edu if you are interested.
A leading institution in beautiful Charleston, SC
Known for its rich history, well-preserved architecture, distinguished restaurants, and mannerly people, Charleston is a popular tourist destination and has received a large number of accolades, including "America's Most Friendly City."
Office of Assessment, Evaluation and Quality Improvement
The mission of the Office of Assessment, Evaluation, and Quality Improvement (OAE-QI) is to ensure the accreditation of the undergraduate medical education program in the College of Medicine by: (1) providing accurate and reliable data relevant to Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) standards, (2) generating and interpreting data on student outcomes to facilitate evidence-based decisions about curricular and programmatic changes collaboratively with education leaders and students, (3) developing, implementing, and managing systems for continuous quality improvement and program evaluation (e.g., E*Value); and (4) facilitating medical education research.
The goal of the Office of Assessment, Evaluation, and Quality Improvement is to enhance the quality of undergraduate medical education in the College of Medicine through the development, implementation, and management of systems for student assessment and curriculum evaluation.
Office of Assessment & Evaluation Services
- Medical Student and Curriculum Evaluation
- Analysis of internally developed assessments and other internally developed surveys
- Faculty development on test construction and evaluation
- Management of the Student Record Data Warehouse
- Statistical consulting for medical education studies
- Oversees the Assessment and Evaluation Committee
- Administers College of Medicine E*Value
- Year End Reports
- Oversees all Continuous Quality Improvment Projects for the COM regarding education