The 2013 College of Dental Medicine Alumni Homecoming weekend will be held on Thursday, February 21st through Sunday, February 24th.
Online registration and more information is available for the event here.
Here is the agenda of events for the weekend:
Thursday, February 21st
- Third annual CDM Scholars Day (8:30am to 2pm) – Keynote speaker will be Martha Somerman, DDS, PhD. She is the Director of the National Institute for Dental and Craniofacial Research. Alumni are encouraged to attend the free event. Three CE credit hours will be awarded for attendance. This event will be held in the Drug Discovery building.
Friday, February 22nd
- Dean’s Welcome Reception (7pm to 10pm) - Alumni from all classes welcome! Heavy hors d’oeuvres and open bar; cocktail attire. This event will be held at the Francis Marion Hotel.
Saturday, February 23rd
- Continuing Education (8am to noon) – Speakers Dr. Edward J. Swift, Jr. (class of ’79) and Rita Zamora will speak. Dr. Swift will will discuss how the development of new materials has proceeded so rapidly that many clinicians are left confused by the wealth of new products that are available in many areas. Rita Zamora is an authority in social media and relationship marketing for dental professionals. This event will be held in the Drug Discovery building.
- Guided tours of the newly renovated classrooms (12:00 noon) – Lunch will be provided. Meet in rooms 347 and 355 in the Basic Science building.
- Gift Planning Seminar (12:30pm) – Held in Basic Science rooms 347 and 355.
- Class reunion parties (for the classes of 1973, 1978, 1983, 1988, 1993, 1998, 2003, 2008) (5:00-7:00 pm) – Held at Lighthouse on Shem Creek. Come enjoy some time catching up and getting reacquainted with your classmates prior to the Oyster Roast. Light hors d’eouvres, beer and wine provided. Dress is casual. Advance registration required.
- Low Country Oyster Roast and Boil (7:00 – 10:00 pm) – Held at the Lighthouse on Shem Creek. Everyone is welcome for an informal evening of fun with lots of good low country food, oysters, and live music. Don’t like oysters? Don’t worry. There will be a menu for non-oyster eaters too!Ample parking is available in the lot in front of the Lighthouse. Advance registration is required. No tickets will be sold at the door. See registration form.
Sunday, February 24th
- ASDA Golf Tournament at Stono Ferry – February 12th Registration Deadline.