James B. Edwards College of Dental Medicine
Dental Faculty Practice
Who We Are
The Dental Faculty Practice is comprised of full-time faculty members who treat patients in a private setting. These faculty members are responsible for educating South Carolina's future dentists, while also providing quality care to patients in practice.
For an appointment, please call 843-792-2101, option 4.
What We Do
The MUSC Dental Faculty Practice general dentists are skilled in all areas of dentistry, completing treatment plans that include fillings, crowns, bridges, dentures, root canals, scaling and root planing.
The practice also includes Charleston dental specialists in the following areas:
- Endodontics 843-792-2101, option 5, press 5 (root canals, apicoectomies)
- Pediatric Dentistry 843-792-2101, option 5, press 2 (infant and child care, sedation cases)
- Periodontics (crown lengthening, free gingival grafts, implant placement, sinus augmentation)
- Prosthodontics (crowns, bridges, implants, dentures, complex restorative treatment)
- Oral Pathology 843-792-4495 (evaluation of soft and hard tissue lesions of potential pathology)
- Oral Surgery 843-792-2101, option 5, press 4 (wisdom teeth (3rd molar) extractions, jaw surgery, dental implant placement, orofacial trauma, sedation cases)
- A referral is required to schedule an appointment. Please fax all referrals to 843-792-3809.
- Orthodontics 843-792-2101, option 5, press 3 (braces, retainers, Invisalign)
Our general dentists and specialists work side-by-side in the same office, offering a seamless continuity of care for our patients.
Our state of the art technologies include CadCam dentistry. Benefits of this system include:
- Same-day permanent crowns
- Digital impressions, eliminating the need for mouth trays and impression material
- No need for temporary crowns
Where We Are Located
The MUSC Dental Faculty Practice is located on the 5th floor of the newly constructed James B. Edwards College of Dental Medicine building located at 29 Bee St. The Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry practices are located on the 4th Floor. We are located on the Charleston peninsula and are a short drive away from surrounding communities, including West Ashley, James Island, Mount Pleasant and North Charleston (click each for directions).
Where to Park
We offer our patients free and convenient parking directly across the street at 30 Bee St.
When We Are Open
Our hours are Monday-Thursday 7:30-5pm and Friday 7:30-12pm.
For after-hours emergencies, one of our full-time faculty members is always on call. If you need after hours care, please call 843-792-2123.
Fees and Payments
We accept most insurance plans so please contact our office to verify acceptance of your plan. Dental Faculty Practice does not participate in any Health Management Organizations; however, we will be happy to file your insurance claims for your reimbursement.
29 Bee Street
Dental Clinics Building, Room 502
Charleston, SC 29425