James B. Edwards College of Dental Medicine
Dental Faculty Practice
Who We Are
The Dental Faculty Practice is comprised of full-time faculty members who treat patients in a private setting. These faculty members are responsible for educating South Carolina's future dentists, while also providing quality care to patients in practice.
Providers are skilled Charleston dentists who use the latest state of the art techniques and procedures. Our practitioners are generalists and specialists who provide a comprehensive approach to quality dental care.
What We Do
The MUSC Dental Faculty Practice general dentists are skilled in all areas of dentistry, completing treatment plans that include fillings, crowns, bridges, dentures, root canals, scaling and root planing.
The practice also includes Charleston dental specialists in the following areas:
- Endodontics (root canals, apicoectomies)
- Pediatric Dentistry (infant and child care, sedation cases)
- Periodontics (crown lengthening, free gingival grafts, implant placement, sinus augmentation)
- Prosthodontics (crowns, bridges, implants, dentures, complex restorative treatment)
- Oral Pathology (evaluation of soft and hard tissue lesions of potential pathology)
- Oral Surgery (wisdom teeth (3rd molar) extractions, jaw surgery, dental implant placement, orofacial trauma, sedation cases)
- Orthodontics (braces, retainers, Invisalign)
Our general dentists and specialists work side-by-side in the same office, offering a seamless continuity of care for our patients.
Our state of the art technologies include CadCam dentistry. Benefits of this system include:
- Same-day permanent crowns
- Digital impressions, eliminating the need for mouth trays and impression material
- No need for temporary crowns
Where We Are Located
The MUSC Dental Faculty Practice is located on the 5th floor of the newly constructed James B. Edwards College of Dental Medicine building located at 29 Bee St. The Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry practices are located on the 4th Floor. We are located on the Charleston peninsula and are a short drive away from surrounding communities, including West Ashley, James Island, Mount Pleasant and North Charleston (click each for directions).
Where to Park
We offer our patients free and convenient parking directly across the street at 30 Bee St.
When We Are Open
Our hours are Monday-Thursday 8-5pm and Friday 8-12pm. For after-hours emergencies, one of our full-time faculty members is always on call. If you need after hours care, please call 792-3444 for instructions.
Fees and Payments
Dental Faculty Practice accepts most insurance assignments. Our fees are commensurate with those of private practices in the community. We accept cash, check, and all major credit cards.
29 Bee Street
Clinical Education Center, Room 502
Charleston, SC 29425
Phone: (843) 792-3444
(843) 792-3366 (Orthodontics)
(843) 792-3365 (Pediatric Dentistry)
FAX: (843) 792-0348