James B. Edwards College of Dental Medicine
About Our Services/Becoming a Patient
Welcome to the College of Dental Medicine at the Medical University of South Carolina. We are pleased that you are interested in receiving your dental care with us. We pledge to provide the highest quality care in a timely and safe environment.
Our patients are provided treatment through three different types of clinical settings:
- Dental Student Clinics - Patients are treated by dental students, while supervised by part and full-time faculty members.
- Graduate Residency Clinics
- Advanced Education in General Dentistry - Patients are treated by dentists completing a one-year general practice residency.
- Graduate Specialty Clinics - Patients are treated by dentists being trained in a specialty residency.
- Dental Faculty Practice - Patients are treated by faculty members in a private practice setting.