Where Your Help is Needed: College of Pharmacy
Having a long and proud tradition of training professionals for a career in the field of pharmacy, the College of Pharmacy is a leading institution for pharmacy education in the state of South Carolina.
- MUSC’s College of Pharmacy has long been recognized as one of the top pharmacy schools in the Southeast, having been ranked in the nation’s top 25 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Established in 1959, the MUSC Medical Center and College of Pharmacy Residency Program is one of the largest and most respected residency programs in the country.
- In 2004, the MUSC College of Pharmacy united with the University of South Carolina’s pharmacy school to create a single, statewide enterprise, the South Carolina College of Pharmacy. The integrated College created a statewide approach to pharmacy education that is on par with some of the most highly regarded colleges in the United States.
- A total of 97 percent of the College’s graduates pass their national licensing board exams on their first attempt – surpassing the national average.
- The College is ranked in the nation’s top 20, in terms of research funding by the National Institutes of Health.
The South Carolina College of Pharmacy has embarked on an ambitious mission to maintain and build upon its reputation as one of the nation’s top pharmacy schools, producing a greater number of well-trained pharmacists to serve our population. In order to achieve this goal, it must pursue the following three-part strategy.
Goal 1: Maintaining an excellent physical setting
The South Carolina College of Pharmacy has committed to building a new flagship facility at its campus in Charleston, allowing the school to expand and enhance the facilities that have served as its home for nearly 70 years. The new building will enable the College to boost its capacity and modernize its amenities, resulting in an overall learning environment that is second to none.
Goal 2: Attracting and retaining world-class faculty
Of all the factors that comprise our rich learning environment, we place an extremely high premium on our faculty. Competition for top faculty is fierce and relentless, and more financial resources are needed to support their recruitment and retention.
Goal 3: Attracting and supporting gifted students
Approximately 90 percent of our pharmacy students rely on financial support to pay for their education. Scholarships enable us to compete for academically talented students who are aggressively recruited by other academic medical centers and universities. Through these scholarships, MUSC is able to produce the next generation of top researchers and health care professionals.
To achieve these three goals, the College must make significant investments in clinical and research facilities, researchers and clinicians, and financial support for students, specialized centers, and programs, as detailed below:
Research, Academics, and Clinical Facilities:
Philanthropic Goal: $30 million
Endowed Chairs and Professorships:
Philanthropic Goal: $3.5 million
Student Scholarships and Fellowships:
Philanthropic Goal: $2 million
Realizing Our Vision
Total Philanthropic Goal: $35.5 million
Building naming opportunities
Please call for more information
No minimum investment required
For more information, please contact:
Megan Thieling Draper
Toll Free: 800-810-6872
Visit the College of Pharmacy.
Make a gift!