Enterprise Data Warehouse
Frequently Asked Questions
- How often is the EDW updated?
The EDW is updated every six hours at 5:00AM, 11:00AM, 5:00PM and 11:00PM. It takes about 2 hours to update the system.
- What data does the EDW contain?
The EDW currently contains secure electronic clinical data from the OACIS Clinical Data Repository, including patient demographics, ICD-coded diagnoses and procedures, laboratory test results and, for inpatient admissions, nursing documentation and medications ordered and administered.
- If any of the feeding systems are down, will the data be available later when they are up?
The data will not available if it is NOT back entered into the feeding system. Data is available in the warehouse only if it is present in the feeding systems.
- What is the date range for the data in the Data Warehouse?
Users can access data dating back to 2005. If you need to access data older than 2005, please contact the EDW team.
- Will data analysis be performed on the data available in the form of text?
Currently data analysis is not being performed for the data available in the form of text blobs.
- How will I know where my data request sits on the list? (Priority)
Please go to the hospital data request system to see where your project sits on the list.
- What should I do to change the criteria/metrics in the data I obtained from my previous data request?
You have to enter a new data request if there is a significant difference between the two requests.
- Can everyone in my department/unit have access to the data warehouse?
We have limited licenses for our reporting tool. You would have to submit a request to us to add new users to this system. You might have to pay for extra licenses.
- Is training available?
Currently training is not being provided by our team. Research personnel please refer to SCTR website.
- What if I have problems accessing my reports?
Please contact the OCIO helpdesk at 792-9700 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- When will support be available?
Monday – Friday 9:00AM to 5:00PM.
Please allow one business day for someone in our team to review your question and respond to it.