Procedures for Complaints of Discrimination
1.The employee must attempt to resolve any complaint alleging discrimination with the unit supervisor and if unable t to obtain satisfactory relief the supervisor should direct the employee to contact the Equal Employment Coordinator (EEC), or the employee may contact the EEC without a referral from the supervisor. Conduct adversely affecting an employees employment benefit based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, and disability is prohibited.
2. Employee submits formal complaint in writing or signs complaint prepared at initial interview with EEC.
3. EEC submits reasons for complaint to supervisor of the unit and requests a written response. Response expected within 10 working days of receipt of the complaint by the supervisor.
4. EEC reviews information submitted by both the employee and management. He determines if complaint is meritorious.
5. If not meritorious, he sends a letter to employee and management ending the matter.
6. If meritorious, he interviews witnesses, if any, collect additional information to support the arguments of the parties.
7. EEC reviews the information collected from both sides. EEC makes a decision and informs both parties of the decision.
8. EEC will inform parties that the decision may be appealed internally to the EEO/AA Director.
9. If the decision is affirmed on appeal, the EEO/AA Director will inform the complaint of his/her right to appeal to the appropriate external agencies.