The process for hiring volunteers for our program is a selective one. Potential volunteers will complete an application and in-person interview with the Program Coordinator and Health Educator. Each volunteer will also undergo a background check. In addition, undergraduate student applicants must have at least a 3.0 GPA to be considered eligible to become a volunteer. Internship hours/Volunteer hours for class credit may be available.
Volunteee duties include:
- Transporting youth to and from group sessions
- Assisting with co-facilitating HIV prevention programs
- Particpating in health fair/community education events
- Creating and developing social media content and awareness campaigns
* Some eveing and weekend work is required.
If you are interested in becoming an EMPOWERR volunteer, please send and email to: