Education and Student Life
Mission, Vision and Values for ESL
The Division of Education and Student Life is dedicated to fostering the academic success and development of health professionals within an inclusive learning community.
We are committed to providing expert, comprehensive education and student support by promoting:
- Student welfare and interprofessional collaboration within and among student groups.
- High quality, comprehensive and diverse co-curricular, leadership development, self-government and service opportunities.
- Personalized, streamlined and highly accessible enrollment and financial aid services.
- Medical care, psychological services, fitness facilities and wellness programming.
- Academic support to students and faculty through writing consultation, supplemental instruction, individualized study skill development and professional board exam preparation.
- Classroom support and educational technology development for the university’s academic and research activities.
- Outstanding service, effective communication and responsible administration of human and financial resources.
The Division of Education and Student Life provides university level support for student learning and student life through Enrollment Management, Academic Support Services, Student Health and Wellness, Student Programs and Educational Technology Services.
The Division of Education and Student Life strives to be a national model, dedicated to providing professional education support services. Our knowledge of effective educational and regulatory practices will allow us to be a resource to students, faculty and peer institutions.
With access to an education that prepares culturally competent health professionals, our graduates will model and promote healthy lifestyles, engage in lifelong learning, adapt readily to changing technology, and provide for the increasingly complex, pluralistic health care needs of South Carolina.
We believe in each student’s potential to grow academically, professionally and personally.
We believe in working collaboratively and interprofessionally.
We believe in being inclusive and achieving cultural competence.
We believe in setting high standards and providing excellent service.
We believe in honesty and clear communication.