- Enhance the academic success and educational experience of our student body through support of their diverse learning needs.
- Maintain a high level of student satisfaction with Education and Student Life.
- Continue to increase participation in interprofessional student activities sponsored by Education and Student Life, including engaging more student volunteers through the MUSC Gives Back Program.
- Support the educational initiatives of the colleges through educational technology enhancements.
- Promote interprofessional understanding among the student body through support of the Creating Collaborative Care (C3) Initiative, Interprofessional Day, the Presidential Scholars Program, and other curricular and co-curricular activities.
- Enhance the health and well-being of the MUSC student body by assessing social support, alcohol use, depression, exercise behavior, and by promoting strategies to improve stress resilience and healthy lifestyles.
- Enhance communication, business processes, and service with greater use of information technology and web-enhanced interactions aligned at the University level.
- Participate in the new strategic plan of the University with particular focus on globalization and interprofessional initiatives.
- Continue to embrace the practices of the MUSC Excellence Program.
- Support personal welfare and professional development of division staff, recognizing accomplishments.
- Collaborate with campus sustainability staff to implement and educate students about student guidelines for environmental stability, and to promote eco-friendly practices at student events.
- Preserve ESL cash reserves for exclusive purposes of major one-time expenditures, such as facility upgrades, deferred maintenance projects, and technology initiatives.