MUSC Education & Student Life Annual Report for 2010-2011
ESL Annual Report | Student Sustainability PledgeESL joins the campus in reminding us to be good stewards of the planet. Following the lead of our students, ESL faculty and staff signed the Student Sustainability Pledge, promising to implement three new initiatives relating to sustainability/eco-friendly practices in their work.
ESL implemented several new practices division-wide:
- installed recycling printer/copier cartridge boxes in locations throughout the division including the Wellness Center;
- encouraged the placement and use of desk side recycling paper bins while reducing paper use by no longer printing meeting agendas for directors meetings, eliminating banner pages from copiers/printers, and printing more double-sided copies;
- implemented green compostable food service ware for SGA events;
- limited bottle water usage at SGA events; and
- gave preference to food vendors that use local produce.