Education and Student Life
CATTS Training User Guide
Completing mandatory compliance training is very easy using CATTS. This interactive, web-based training and tracking system is available to all MUSC employees & students.
Using Microsoft Internet Explorer, [Mac, Firefox and Mozilla users instructions at the end of this sheet] type in the following web address:
You will first need to sign into CATTS. You will log in to CATTS with your NetID and password. This is the same username and password you use to login to MyRecords to view your pay stub.
After you login the first time, a Registered User Agreement will be displayed. Please indicate your acceptance by checking the box and then click on Send My Response.
Your personal Page should now open.
To begin training
Perform the following:
- Log into CATTS using your NetID and password.
- From your personal page, click the VIEW button to the right of My e-learning Lessons. Your “E-learning Lessons” page opens.
- Click on the lesson name to begin.
To move through your lesson, click the Next Page button. Many lessons include a test. When you reach the end of the lesson, click on the Test button to begin (you may see a pop-up box when you reach the end, if so, click ok and then click the Test button).
Taking a test
If the lesson includes a test, perform the following:
- Click on the Begin the Test button.
- Select the appropriate answer for the first question.
- Repeat for the remaining questions until you come to the end of the test.
- When you finish with the last question, click on the Complete the Test button.
- At this point, your test score and test results will display.
The minimum passing score must be met. If you did not meet the minimum passing score, you will need to retake the test.
To review the lesson again and retake the test, click on the View button. Next, click on E-Learning Lesson Not Completed or E-Learning All my Lessons. Click on the lesson name of the lesson you need to review.
You may complete a lesson using either a MUSC or home based computer.
To change your password
After you login the first time, click the View button to the right of “Change My Password” at the bottom of your screen, and follow the instructions. You can also change your password by clicking on the Tools tab on the top of your screen and scrolling down to “Change My Password.”
Update your profile
To update your profile (i.e. your email address), click on the Tools tab located on the top of your screen and scroll down to “View My ID Profile.” In here you will be able to update your email address.
Leaving a session
The automatic bookmark feature will return you to the same place you were in before you left the lesson, but you cannot use the browser feature to bookmark a lesson page.
- To set the bookmark, click the Personal Page navigational tool on the menu inside the lesson.
- This returns you to the personal page that you set, from the Assignments Not Completed view of My Assignments. The bookmarked page opens the next time you visit that lesson.
Note: YOU MAY NOT BOOKMARK TESTS.
To view complete and/or incomplete lessons, click on Reports – Transcript—All Training.
Questions & Answers
Q. I completed the lesson, but cannot access the test. Is there another way to access the test?
A. Yes. You can access the test from either the E-learning Not Completed or E-learning All My Lessons Tabs. Return to E-learning Not Completed or E-learning All My Lessons Tabs and click the test button. If the test still will not appear, you may need to turn off your computer’s “Pop-Up Blocker.”
Q. Am I required to print a completion sheet or turn in my test?
A. No. All lessons completed with a passing score automatically load into an education tracking database. If you do NOT meet the minimum score, you MUST retake the test.
Q. Who do I contact if I have problems logging into CATTS?
A. Please contact Michael Thomas via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. Can I take additional lessons after finishing those assigned to me?
A. Yes! Under the Classes and Events/Self Enrollment tabs located across the top there should be more opportunities for learning. Also contact your supervisor to find out if there are other lessons available for your position.
- Go to https://webapps2.musc.edu/Citrix/MetaFrame/auth/login.aspx
- Type in your NETID and password
- Open CATTS by clicking on the CATTS icon.
- Follow the instructions above.
- Once you go through this setup process, you will not have to go to Citrix every time to gain access to CATTS. The next time you log in you will be able to go directly to the CATTS website.