Skip Navigation

MUSC Bulletin | Academic Policies

Educational Standards - South Carolina Commission on Higher Education (SCHE)

A complaint can be filed with the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education (SCHE) if the complainant believes that MUSC has deviated from the educational standards imposed by the Commission.  The complaint form is available through the SCHE web site ( ).  It may be submitted with the required documentation to or sent to Nonpublic Institution Licensing, SC Commission on Higher Education, 1122 Lady Street, Suite 300 Columbia, SC 29201.  More information is available on the SCHE website ( 

The Commission on Higher Education may intervene on behalf of a person filing a complaint against an institution that is exempt from the oversight of the Commission.  (COMMISSION ON HIGHER EDUCATION Chapter 62 Regulations Governing Nonpublic Postsecondary Institutions Statutory Authority: 1976 Code Sections 59-58-10 through 59-58-140: 62-27; Section C)  Before filing a complaint at the state or accrediting agency level, the complainant is generally expected to exhaust all internal complaint avenues.


Office of Associate Provost for Education Affairs and Student Life
179 Ashley Avenue, Colcock Hall, MSC 002, Charleston, SC, 29425
© 2012  Medical University of South Carolina | Disclaimer