MUSC Bulletin | College of Health Professions
PhD Health and Rehabilitation Science | Admission Requirements
Students will have completed a bachelor's or graduate degree that offers background and preparation in the following areas: Functional Limitations, Pathology and Impairment, and Health Services. The program seeks to enroll students who meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate through previous academic work and relevant professional experience the likelihood of success in the Ph.D. program and research career.
- Potential for successful pairing with a faculty mentor and mentorship team conducting research in the student's area of interest.
To determine the likelihood of success, the admissions committee will interview the candidates and review:
- Scores on the Graduate Record Exam
- Grade-point average in prior academic work (3.0 minimum required)
- Personal Statement
- Relevant degrees or professional experience
- Professional letters of reference
For detailed information visit our website: www.musc.edu/chp/hrs
The Medical University of South Carolina does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status in the administration of admissions policies, educational policies, financial aid, employment, or any other university activity. For further information, contact Willette S. Burnham, Medical University of South Carolina, 171 Ashley Avenue, Charleston, SC 29425, (843) 792-2146.
|Last Published with Edits:||October 1, 2013 11:14 AM|
|Last Comprehensive Review:||Fall 2013|