MUSC Bulletin | College of Health Professions
Masters in Health Administration | Admission RequirementsThe Master of Health Administration program's criteria for admission are:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university. A GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is necessary to be competitive. Previous graduate work should reflect a GPA of 3.0 or above.
- A competitive score on the GRE or the GMAT is required for residential MHA applicants. For Executive MHA students, if the applicant does not have an overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher from their undergraduate school, a GRE of GMAT is required. A GRE score of 1000 (verbal + quantitative), and 4 or higher on the analytical section; or a GMAT score of 500 suggests a student's ability to be successful in the program.
- Three reference forms from individuals who can comment on the applicant's professional background, academic capabilities, and motivation. (Applicants provide the email address of 3 individuals on the application and the recommendation form is electronically sent to be completed).
- Undergraduate courses (one each) in statistics and in microeconomics should be completed prior to entering the program. (Undergraduate Accounting is suggested but not required.)
- Students should have working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- For MHA Executive Track candidates, one or more years of health care experience is required. A resume should be submitted.
Information about the transfer course articulation among South Carolina colleges and universities may be found at http://academicdepartments.musc.edu/bulletin/transfer_policy/index.html.
Applicants must submit satisfactory scores on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE - verbal, quantitative, and analytical) or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). Scores older than five years may be considered on an individual basis. Applicants with terminal degrees (e.g., M.D./D.O., D.M.D./D.D.S., J.D., Ph.D./Dr.P.H./Sc.D.) may request a waiver of the GRE or GMAT.
The Residential MHA curriculum is designed for fall semester entry. Applicants should submit all materials no later than March 1 to be considered for acceptance for the fall semester. The admissions committee will begin reviewing applications in November. It is to the applicant’s advantage to submit completed applications as early as possible.
The Executive MHA curriculum is designed for summer semester entry. Applications for summer session are due February 15. Individuals applying to the Executive MHA program are expected to have 2-3 years health experience or comparable professional work experience.
|Last updated:||05/23/2012 5:10 PM|