MUSC Bulletin | College of Health Professions
Occupational Therapy | Admissions
The following requirements must be made prior to starting the program:
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of a 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale.
- Completion of Graduate Record Examination (GRE) before application.
- 3 Reference forms; one from the occupational therapy practitioner who supervised at least 30 hours of volunteer or work experience in an OT setting. The second and third references should be provided by major advisors or professors
- Transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- Completed “Prerequisite Courses Taken” form.
- Completed “Plans for Remaining Year” form.
- Supplemental Profile Form
- Log of Occupational Therapy Experience
- First Aid and CPR Certification
American Heart Association, Basic Life Support course for Health Care Providers must be completed before the start of classes. CPR information is available at http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/CPRAndECC/
|Human physiology (must include laboratory)||4|
|Human anatomy (must include laboratory)||4|
|Lifespan human development||3|
Before applying to our program, please be aware that a felony conviction may affect your ability to sit for the examination administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy after you graduate, and subsequently your ability to attain state licensure. The National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy offers an early determination to assess examination eligibility. Go to www.nbcot.org and read the Early Review section for details.
For detailed information visit our website: www.musc.edu/chp/ot.
Information about the transfer course articulation among South Carolina colleges and universities may be found at http://academicdepartments.musc.edu/esl/bulletin/transfer_policy/index.html.
|Last Published with Edits:||June 2, 2015 10:09 AM|
|Last Comprehensive Review:||June 2015|