Enrollment Management | University Admissions
Application for the Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences
Application for the Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences - Neurosciences Track
The Department of Neuroscience offers a Masters Program with the goal of training scholars with the knowledge and academic expertise needed to succeed in the modern Biomedical Science Enviroment. Please refer to our Department Webpage for more information on specific research topics and faculty research interests. http://academicdepartments.musc.edu/neurosciences/.
- Successful completion of 6 credit hour course work
- Courses are: Introduction to Neuroscience and J club/seminar for first semester and Clinical /Systems Neuroscience and J club seminar for second semester.
- An alternative is the 4 first units of the common curriculum for first year PhD students (CGS 701) plus J club/seminar for the first semester and Clinical /Systems Neuroscience + J club/seminar for the second semester.
- Must be registered for research in each semester for the maximum number of hours permitted.
- Thesis Defense
- At least one original research article published in a peer-reviewed journal as a coauthor.
The Dept. of Neuroscience requires:
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- Achieving >50th percentile for the Verbal and Quantitative portions of the GRE.
- Experience in Research is desirable.
- For International Students a TOEFL score of at least 100.
- No stipends or tuition are available for Master students.
- Students must be registered full time.
We accept Masters students once per year.
In addition to the application itself the applicant must complete supplemental reference materials specific to the program to which they are applying. These forms are available in PDF format within the application and are also sent through email once an application is submitted. Applicants are required to submit official transcripts from each post-secondary school attended and all materials must be received by the application deadline.
|Start Term||Application Type||Available||Deadline|
|Fall 2013||Regular||July 1, 2012||August 1, 2013|
|Spring 2014||Regular||July 1, 2013||Oct 1, 2013|
|Fall 2014||Regular||July 1, 2014||August 1, 2014|
To Proceed To Online Application
|September 9, 2013 8:32 AM|