Enrollment Management | University Admissions
Application for the Master of Science in Oral Sciences
The purpose of the Masters of Science in Oral Sciences program is to train students for careers in basic, translational and clinical research methodologies in the field of oral health. The duration of the MS in Oral Sciences program is anticipated to be 24 months. Students enrolled in the program will be required to take courses in biochemistry, mineralized tissues, and/or immunology in addition to coursework in research methodologies and biostatistical methods. Completion of a research project and writing and defense of an original thesis or independent project will be required for completion of the program of study. The program will only be offered to students who have obtained a bachelor’s degree with coursework in the field of biology or a dental degree (DDS, DMD or BDS).
- All applicants must have completed a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent, or a doctorate degree from an institution of higher education.
- Applicants are expected to have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) and have taken coursework in biology and/or biological engineering.
- All applicants must also take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Dental Admissions Test (DAT)
Applications must be submitted electronically.
Required application materials include:
- Letters from 3 references, at least two familiar with research aptitude
- Essay and CV/Resume outlining applicants research experience, program interest and career goals.
- Official original records of academic achievement (transcript, diploma, degree, certificate, and/or official statements showing the class or quality of marks compared with those possible to achieve) are required all institutes of higher education attended.
- Foreign applicants whose native language is not English will be required to submit a score report of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) to demonstrate proficiency in English. Scores must be sent directly from the Education Testing Service (ETS) to the university.
|Start Term||Application Type||Available||Deadline|
|Fall 2017||Regular||November 21, 2016||August 1, 2017|
To Proceed To Online Application
Visu Palanisamy, Ph.D.
Director, MS in Oral Sciences Program
Department of Oral Health Sciences
173 Ashley Avenue
Charleston, SC 29425
Program e-mail: email@example.com
|Last Published with Edits:||November 21, 2016 9:41 AM|
|Last Comprehensive Review:||June 2016|