Enrollment Management | Financial Aid Services
Pre-Graduate Debt Management Tips
Develop a savings account for emergencies.
- Try to pay off as much consumer debt prior to entering school.
- Federal regulations prohibit financial aid to be used for consumer debts, such as car payments and credit card payments.
Come up with a budget.
- You can review your average budget costs by program.
- You can calculate and figure your personal budget costs here.
Consider finding a roommate.
- The MUSC Student Programs and Off-Campus Housing Office have listings of people looking for roommates, off campus houses, and apartments in the community.
Consider other methods of transportation.
- You can cut down on gas and parking expenses by carpooling with a classmate or riding public transportation, such as CARTA.
Be prepared to have at least one month’s worth of living expenses saved before you start school.
- Financial aid refunds are available during the first two weeks of classes. Please plan accordingly.
|Last Published with Edits:||February 6, 2014 12:33 PM|
|Last Comprehensive Review:||February 2014|