Enrollment Management | Financial Aid Services
NASFAA Code of Conduct
The staff of the Medical University of South Carolina Office of Financial Aid Services adheres to the professional standards of conduct set forth by the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA). NASFAA has published the following Code of Conduct to guide all financial aid professionals in their work. Please reference the following website:
NASFAA Code of Conduct for Institutional Financial Aid Professionals
An institutional financial aid professional is expected to always maintain exemplary standards of professional conduct in all aspects of carrying out his or her responsibilities, specifically including all dealings with any entities involved in a government sponsored, subsidized, or regulated activity. In doing so, a financial aid professional should:
- Refrain from taking any action for his or her personal benefit.
- Refrain from taking any action he or she believes is contrary to law, regulation, or the best interests of the students and parents he or she serves.
- Ensure that the information he or she provides is accurate, unbiased, and does not reflect any preference arising from actual or potential personal gain.
- Be objective in making decisions and advising his or her institution regarding relationships with any entity involved in any aspect of financial aid.
- Refrain from soliciting or accepting anything of other than nominal value from any entity (other than an institution of higher education or a government entity such as the U.S. Department of Education) involved in the making, holding, consolidating or processing of any student loans, including anything of value (including reimbursement of expenses) for serving on an advisory body or as part of a training activity of or sponsored by any such entity.
- Disclose to his or her institution, in such a manner as his or her institution may prescribe, any involvement with or interest in any entity involve in any aspect of student financial aid
If you have trouble accessing a .pdf document please call 843-792-2536 to have a paper copy mailed to you.
|Last Published with Edits:||February 5, 2014 1:45 PM|
|Last Comprehensive Review:||February 2014|