Enrollment Management | University Commencement
Degree Application Instructions
Degree Application Features
- You can access your application or check to see if it has been received by us by using your Activity Log.
- No checks to write! You pay all applicable fees online.
- Your information securely stored and transmitted.
- You will be notified immediately when your application is received.
Degree Application Instructions
1. Establish your account.
- Enter your account information exactly as instructed on the form.
- Click the 'Create My Account' button
You may have a CollegeNet Account already. If you applied online for admission to MUSC, your CollegeNet account may still be active. If you wish to use this account, you may do so. Please be sure all contact information is up-to-date including your current e-mail address.
- Write your user name and password for future reference (i.e., when re-entering the system).
2. Fill out your degree application.
- Please complete the entire application before transmitting.
- Save/Pay/Send your application.
Check your application carefully. When you are satisfied with it and are ready to send it to us, click 'Save/Pay/Send' at the bottom of the page. This saves your data and takes you to the payment page where you pay for any regalia or additional announcements fees online.
Your application is not sent to us until you pay all appropriate fees, and it is authorized.
3. Pay any applicable fees online.
On the payment page, you can pay any fees by debit/credit card or check (US bank accounts only).
If you are paying by debit or credit card:
- Provide all information, including the complete credit card number, expiration date, and card billing information.
- Click the 'Submit this information' button.
Once payment is authorized, your application is on its way to us, and you can no longer make changes to it. For electronic check, this may take up to six days. We strongly urge all degree applicants to pay by credit card.
If you are paying by check: see instructions.
Security Information: Your debit/credit card information is encrypted during transmission from your browser to our server and during payment authorization. None of your debit/credit card information is stored in our database.
4. Check your Activity Log to print a copy of your degree application or to learn if we have received it.
5. Close your browser program when you are ready to end your Web session. This clears your password and secure connection.
Web Application Features
- The web application server stores the information you enter under the private user name and password you establish.
- Your information is transmitted securely over the Internet. The information you enter is encrypted and secure when you save it and when you send it. Although general data collected on the system may be used in statistical studies and reports designed to assist institutions with planning, any information bearing your personal identification is disclosed only to the department to which you send it.
- When you save or transmit application information, a note appears in your Activity Log. You can easily check your Activity Log at any time to see your application activity and to learn when we have acknowledged receipt of your application.