Student Health Services
Student Health Services
Services are available to those students who are actively enrolled in semester course work and have paid a Student Services Fee. Validated identification badges are required when students are seen at Student Health Services or at 1-West Treatment Center.
- Outpatient Medical Care - diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses, as well as minor injuries.
- Preventive Medical Care - routine physical exams, cholesterol screening, annual pap smear/pelvic exam, etc.
- Laboratory and Radiographic Studies-routine laboratory and radiographic studies appropriate for diagnostic purposes. Students are responsible for any charges not covered by their health insurance.
- Immunizations - once the pre-matriculation requirements have been met, Student Health Services will provide annual Flu vaccines and TB skin tests as needed at no charge. Tdap boosters, Hepatitis B vaccines, and travel vaccines are available at cost.
- Health Education - publications and materials are available at Student Health Services on a variety of health topics.
- Surgical procedures (Outpatient and Inpatient)
- Cost of inpatient medical care and hospitalization
- Payment of prescription drugs
- Routine eye care (refraction, prescription glasses, contact lense care, etc.)
- Routine dental care
- Ambulance services
- Obstetrical care
- Male and female fertility evaluation
- Dependents' health care
- Laboratory or radiographic studies ordered outside of Student Health Services
- Laboratory or radiographic studies not felt to be medically indicated by Student Health Services
Information regarding the physical or mental status of students is strictly confidential. Information regarding a student will not be released to persons outside of Student Health Services without the students written consent, unless legally mandated.
Student Health Services operates on an appointment system, which decreases waiting time and allows for better planning by all parties. If you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment, please notify Student Health so that your appointment may be given to a fellow student.
Students are responsible for notifying professors or instructors of absences caused by illness or injury. If instructors require written documentation of a clinic visit to Student Health, due to the confidentiality of medical information, only the date and time of the visit will be provided.
All students will be billed for the balance for any lab, x-ray, or referral service charges incurred. Please make sure that Student Health Services has your current health insurance information.