MUSC Intramural Sports
Captains and Players Information
Indoor Soccer Captain and Players' Information
The Captains’ Meeting will be held Tuesday, January 27th, 5:15 p.m., in the Harper Student Center Auditorium. The Team Captain or a representative from every team is required to attend.
GAME DATES, TIMES, and LOCATION
February 8, 15, 22
March 1, 22, 29
April 12, 19, 26*
*Playoffs – top teams qualify, (# of playoff teams is based on # of teams in league)
- All games will begin every hour on the hour, 1-6 p.m. - no exceptions.
- Game time is forfeit time. No “grace period” will be allowed.
- Four “rostered” players must be present to begin play.
Location: MUSC Wellness Center Gym
- Persons eligible to play are MUSC students and their spouses, MUSC employees, and Wellness Center members. Eligible players who are not Wellness Center Members will be required to pay the daily use fee in order to access the facility.
- The format is 5 on 5. Players may play in one league only: Competitive or Co-Rec. Teams may be single sex or co-ed in both leagues; however the Co-Rec league requires a minimum number of females to be on the court at all times.
- Completed rosters will be due Wednesday, Febuary 4th by 3:00 p.m. in the Student Programs Office.
- Additions to rosters will not be accepted after March 21st. Additions may be made in the Student Programs Office or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If any unrostered player plays the 5th game or after, all games in which he or she participates will be forfeited.
US Futsal Official Rules of Indoor Soccer will be used with MUSC Intramural Modifications. Please review the rules included with the Captain Packet.
- Each team is required to pay a refundable $50 registration fee. Fees are due in Student Programs prior to the first game date. The registration fee must be paid in cash!
- Teams will not be scheduled to play until the registration fee is paid. Teams late in paying their fee will still receive “byes” according to weekly scheduling.
- Teams completing the season without any forfeits will be refunded in full. Teams with 1 forfeit for the season will be refunded $25. Teams which forfeit twice will lose the entire sum and be disqualified from the league. In order to avoid a forfeit, please see section headed Byes and Forfeits.
- Registration fee refunds should be picked up by the Team Captain in Student Programs within 30 days following the end of the season.
- Teams will not be able to transfer their registration fee from one sport to the next. Each sport needs to be closed out upon its completion.
BYES and FORFEITS
- Team Captains may request a bye for a particular weekend by emailing an Intramural Coordinator no later than 3 p.m., the Wednesday before the weekend that the bye is needed. (For email addresses, see section headed QUESTIONS or PROBLEMS)
- A team may request as many byes as needed. In addition, depending upon the number of teams participating in a given week, teams may also receive unscheduled byes during the season.
- If a scheduling conflict arises, the team contact or representative must contact the Intramural Coordinator ASAP! The team that is forfeiting will not receive a loss if notice is given in proper time frame. The opposing team will automatically receive a win. If forfeiting team does not contact coordinator in time, they will automatically receive a loss. Conflicts will be handled on a case by case basis.
- A team will be eliminated from competition after two forfeits.
In case of a team’s disqualification from the league due to forfeit, a maximum of 1 player from the eliminated team may be picked up by another team. This holds true only through the 5th week of play (deadline for adding players to rosters). If a team is eliminated from the league due to “non-members players’ unauthorized use of the Wellness Center”, no players from the eliminated team may be picked up by another team.
Family members or friends of Intramural players who are not members of the Wellness Center may be interested in watching a game. Spectators are welcome but must sign-in at the membership desk and leave immediately following the game (please no children under 18 allowed). Intramural guests found abusing the privilege of spectating will be asked to leave the Center. Further disciplinary action will be at the discretion of the Wellness Center Director. The team that a spectator is present to watch is responsible for their conduct and will be held responsible for their actions.
It is the responsibility of each team captain to insure that any team member or spectator who is not a Wellness Center member leave the facility upon completion of their scheduled game. Any team whose player violates this rule through unauthorized use of the Wellness Center will be eliminated from the league.
Weekly game schedules will be made every Wednesday evening and emailed immediately to each team captain (or call Student Programs Office, 792-2693.)
There are risks inherent in this activity. As with all other endeavors associated with being an MUSC student, each player is responsible for themselves and any medical expenses incurred due to an injury. Students are advised to carry their student ID and health insurance card to games in the case they need to go to Emergency Services at MUSC or another hospital.
QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS
Questions should be referred to the Intramural Coordinators at: email@example.com