Student Diversity at MUSC
2015 Earl B. Higgins Award Call for Nominations
Download nomination form.
MUSC’s Office of Student Diversity is pleased to invite nominations for the Earl B. Higgins Award 2015. Established to honor a former director of minority affairs, the award acknowledges persistence and dedication to positive contributions to diversity enhancement on the campus, either in the colleges, the university or in MUHA. The 2015 Award Ceremony will be held on Wednesday, April 1st, 2015 from 4:00 pm to 6:00pm at the Wickliffe House on Ashley Avenue.
We seek nominations for two separate awards:
- The Earl B. Higgins 2015 Achievement in Diversity Award
- The Earl B. Higgins 2015 Student Leadership in Diversity Award
Nominations for either award should be individuals who have contributed significantly to diversity in three of the following five areas:
- Enriches diversity through student/employee recruitment, retention, enrichment, and/or relations
- Improves/enhances of diversity through excellence in service to patients, families, and visitors
- Advances one or more of the several target areas of diversity, including race relations, gender issues, disabled, aging, and international constituencies
- Recognizes and takes initiative to act upon potential opportunities to significantly affect/influence the organization/work environment as it pertains to diversity
- Promotes improvements in the understanding of the benefits of diversity within MUSC and the community
Nominations must include the nomination form (included on page two of this document), AND two letters of endorsement on 8 ½ X 11 paper for each nomination. Please attach letters of endorsement to the nomination form.
Submissions must be received by 5PM, EST, Friday, February 9, 2015. Electronic submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org are recommended. However, packets may also be submitted via fax and mail. Winners will be announced Monday, March 9th, 2015.
If sending by fax or mail, please send to:
Willette S. Burnham, PhD
Chair, Selection Committee, Earl B. Higgins Award
Earl B. Higgins Award
Office of Student Diversity, SW 213
Harper Student Center
P.O. Box 250974
Charleston, SC 29425