MUSC Student News & Events
Electronic 1098T Processing
Instructions for obtaining an electronic form 1098-T
MUSC has selected ECSI (a third party vendor) to provide Electronic 1098-T service for University students. The documentation below contains all of the details to assist you in obtaining your Electronic 1098-T. Your consent is required to receive notification electronically. If you would like to receive a paper copy of your 1098-T form, it is not necessary for your to provide consent.
The benefits of electronic notification are:
- Online delivery provides access to the form 1098-T earlier than the traditional mailing process.
- Online delivery eliminates the chance that the 1098-T will get lost, misdirected or delayed during delivery, or misplaced once the student receives it.
- Sign up for online delivery is easy and secure.
- Students can receive their 1098-T form even while traveling or on assignment away from their home address.
To give consent to receive your notification electronically, sign up using the SECURE website of ECSI by giving your Name, Student Identification Number, and email address (you can also include your parents email in the alternate email space):
Your Student Identification number can be found by going to WebAdvisor at:
- Click on View Term Bill
- Select a term
- A copy of your bill will be put on the screen
- On the second line on the right there will be an ID number (this is your Student Identification Number)
- This number is seven digits long and you must use all seven digits when entering it on the ECSI website.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Student Accounting Office.
MUSC Student Accounting: (843) 792-2170
Manager of Student Accounting