Family Medicine Rural Clerkship
2014-2015 Rotation Dates
|Rotation 1||June 30, 2014 - August 8, 2014|
|Rotation 2||August 11, 2014 - September 19, 2014|
|Rotation 3||September 22, 2014 - October 31, 2014|
|Rotation 4||November 3, 2014 - December 12, 2014|
|Rotation 5||January 5, 2015 - February 13, 2015|
|Rotation 6||February 16, 2015 - March 27, 2015|
|Rotation 7||March 30, 2015 - May 8, 2015|
|Rotation 8||May 11, 2015 - June 19, 2015|
The Student Calendar
The rotation begins in Charleston . . .
- Morning & Afternoon: MANDATORY Orientation and Academic Day activities for students - on campus, room announced by email to students in each rotation, from 8:00am - 5:00pm. Activities are conducted by Department of Family Medicine faculty members.
- Morning: MANDATORY OSLE (Objective Structured Learning Experience)
- Afternoon: MANDATORY Academic Day activities on campus- room announced by email to students in each rotation.
- FIRST DAY IN PRACTICE. Students with sites in Berkeley, Charleston, and Dorchester Counties are expected to arrive at your sites at 8:30am unless otherwise advised by an MUSC coordinator, the practice, or your AHEC coordinator. All other students will travel to your sites this morning.
- Non-"local" students are expected to arrive at your practices by 11:00am unless otherwise advised by the practice or your AHEC coordinator.
"How will I know where I'm supposed to go when I leave Charleston, what do I need to bring?" One to two weeks prior to the beginning of the rotation, students should be contacted by the AHEC Community Site Coordinators who will provide students with detailed information (mailed to student's home address or e-mailed to student's MUSC e-mail address). Students are encouraged to communicate with site coordinators or clerkship student coordinators to address questions and/or concerns prior to the rotation.