MUSC Graduate Medical Education
VA CAG Access
VA Is Enforcing PIV
PIV enforcement is underway across VA! We are demonstrating our firm and solid commitment to protecting and caring for Veterans’ information. What does this mean to you? If you already have a PIV badge, it means that you will now use only your PIV to access the network. Once you are enforced, the Office of Information and Technology (OI&T) is ready to help! If you are having trouble with your PIV, please call the National Service Desk at 855-NSD-HELP (855-673-4357), select Option 5, then Option 2, or e-mail questions to NSD PIV Enforcement at NSD.PIVEnforcement@va.gov. The team is dedicated to helping resolve your PIV issues.
VA CAG Gateway Login: vacageast.vpn.va.gov
There have been recent, National, changes to the VA CAG process.
1. Users must log in to VA CAG using a PIV credential. This requires a card reader** or MobilePASS***
2. Accounts must be logged into every 30 days to remain active. Visit https://gfe.vpn.va.gov/remoteupdate to keep your account active.
3. If your account is deleted, you must re-apply for access https://vpnportal.vansoc.va.gov/SelfService/ (from a VA computer)
** Contact your local OI&T or Education Service to obtain a USB card reader.
*** MobilePASS soft token is the alternative for non-PIV enabled devices (e.g. no USB port or card reader). Enroll on a VA computer and download an app to your mobile device.
Link to MobilePASS Quick Start Guide:
5 Easy Steps (See Quick Start Guide for details):
Step 1 – Select your device
Step 2 – Confirm your device operating system is compatible with MobilePASS soft token
Step 3 – Download the MobilePASS Application to your device
· Android OS (smartphones and tablets)–Mobile PASS for Android (v8.4)
· iOS (iPhone and iPad) 10.6 or later–iOS Client MobilePASS for Mac OS (v8.4)
· Windows Phone-MobilePASS for Windows Phone (v8.4)
· Windows OS (Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10) – MobilePASS for Windows desktop (v8.4)
· Mac OS X 10.9 or later – MobilePASS 8.4 for Mac OS X
· Blackberry OS 7/10 – MobilePASS for BlackBerry (v8.4)
Step 4 – Connect to the Enrollment Portal via the VA network
Click the Remote Access MobilePASS Self Service link
Connect to RemoteApp
Authenticate with your VA PIV credential (switch user to select certificate and enter PIN)
Step 5 – Activate MobilePASS soft token
Remote Access Technical Assistance
VA National Service Desk (NSD) 1-855-NSD-HELP (1-855-673-4357) Option 6, Option 1 or NSD.VPNSecurity@va.gov