Resident Handbook Introduction
Letter of Commitment/
Accreditation Status Disclaimer
Administration & Governance - Graduate Medical Education Programs
Policies & Procedures
Salaries & Benefits
Appendix 1 - Resident Agreements (Medical and Dental)
Appendix 2 - Evaluation Forms
Appendix 3 - Forms
Appendix 4 - Scopes of Practice
Appendix 5 - Program Resources
PROCESSING PHYSICIAN PRACTITIONERS THROUGH MSO VS GME
Medical Staff Office
PROCEDURE: Processing Physician Practitioners Through MSO vs GME
- If a physician practitioner is at MUSC as a trainee (under supervision in an accredited or non-accredited program), then the practitioner should be processed through the GME Office.
- If a physician practitioner will be functioning independently (without supervision), then the practitioner should be processed through the MSO.
- If part of the time the practitioner will function as a supervised trainee and part of the time will function independently, then the practitioner should be processed through BOTH the MSO and GME. *
- The above is to be followed regardless of whether a physician:
- does or does not have a faculty appointment
- will be paid or unpaid
- will or will not be billing for services
- has a limited, academic, or full medical license.
a. If the physician practitioner is attending faculty orientation, then GME orientation is waived.
b. The GME Office needs to be given a letter indicating the physician practitioner's area of training, dates of training and the designated supervising physician.