Resident Handbook Introduction
Letter of Commitment/
Accreditation Status Disclaimer
Administration & Governance - Graduate Medical Education Programs
Policies & Procedures
Salaries & Benefits
Appendix 1 - Resident Agreements (Medical and Dental)
Appendix 2 - Evaluation Forms
Appendix 3 - Forms
Appendix 4 - Scopes of Practice
Appendix 5 - Program Director/Program Coordinator Resources
RESIDENT SEPARATION POLICY
STATEMENT OF POLICY
Residents are required to exit through the Graduate Medical Education Office before their last working day at the Medical University of South Carolina. This exit process is to ensure that all appropriate paperwork is completed before the resident leaves. The resident's certificate will be held in the GME Office until this information is provided.
- The resident must turn in the following to the Graduate Medical Education Office upon termination, resignation, or completion of program:
a) Picture ID badge
b) Controlled Substance Card
c) VA ID badge (if applicable)
- Parking Cards are to be turned in to the Parking Management Office.
- Beepers are to be turned in to the Hospital Communications Office.
- The resident must be cleared by the Department of Health Information Services.
4.1 All Medical Records must be completed and returned.
- The resident must be cleared by the Medical University Library.
a) All library books must be returned
b) All fines must be paid
- The resident must provide the Graduate Medical Education Office with a forwarding address.
- Each resident's host department will be held responsible for paying any replacement costs and/or fines.