College of Graduate Studies
There is no assigned textbook for the First Year Curriculum. A number of standard texts (shown below) are recommended for background reading in the topics students will encounter during the curriculum. Copies of all these textbooks are available on reserve in the Library (4th Floor) for the exclusive use of first year graduate students. A textbook may be checked out for 4 days, and renewed twice, provided there is no waiting list.
- Biochemistry*, 7th edition (2012), Lubert Stryer
- Biochemistry, 4th (2012), Mathews and Van Holde
- Biomembranes: Molecular Structure and Function, 1st (1989), Robert B. Gennis
- DNA Replication, 2nd (2005), Arthur Kornberg
- Lehninger Principles of Biochemistry, 6th (2012), David L. Nelson and Michael M. Cox
- Advanced Organic Chemistry-Reactions, Mechanisms, and Structure, 7th (2013), M.S. Smith and J. March
- Molecular Biology of the Cell, 5th (2008), Bruce Alberts et al.
- Molecular Biology of the Gene*, 7th (2013), James D. Watson et al.
- Molecular Cell Biology*, 7th (2012), Harvey Lodish et al.
- Review of Organic Functional Groups: Introduction to Medicinal Organic Chemistry*, 5th (2011), T.L. Lemke et al.
- Basic Pathology, 8th (2007), Stanley L. Robbins et al.
- Introduction to Genetic Analysis, 10th (2010), Griffiths et al.
* Highly Recommended