College of Graduate Studies
There is no assigned textbook for the First Year Curriculum. A number of standard texts (shown below) are recommended for background reading in the topics students will encounter during the curriculum. Copies of all these textbooks are available on reserve in the Library (4th Floor) for the exclusive use of first year graduate students. Not all texts are available in the latest editions as shown below. Please check with the Circulation Desk for borrowing privileges.
- Biochemistry*, 7th edition (2012), Lubert Stryer
- Biochemistry, 4th (2012), Mathews and Van Holde
- Biomembranes: Molecular Structure and Function, 1st (1989), Robert B. Gennis
- DNA Replication, 2nd (2005), Arthur Kornberg
- Lehninger Principles of Biochemistry, 5th (2008), David L. Nelson and Michael M. Cox
- Advanced Organic Chemistry-Reactions, Mechanisms, and Structure, 6th (2007), M.S. Smith and J. March
- Molecular Biology of the Cell, 5th (2008), Bruce Alberts et al.
- Molecular Biology of the Gene*, 6th (2007), James D. Watson et al.
- Molecular Cell Biology*, 7th (2012), Harvey Lodish et al.
- Review of Organic Functional Groups: Introduction to Medicinal Organic Chemistry*, 5th (2011), T.L. Lemke
- Basic Pathology, 8th (2007), Stanley L. Robbins et al.
- Introduction to Genetic Analysis, 10th (2010), Griffiths et al.
- Cellular & Molecular Immunology, 7th (2011), Abul K. Abbas et al.
- Fundamental Neuroscience, 3rd (2008), Larry Squire et al.
- Immunology, 6th (2006), Richard Goldsby et al.
- The Immune System, 3rd (2009), Peter Parham
* Highly Recommended