College of Graduate Studies
PhD in the Biomedical Sciences
Ph.D. applicants should meet the following requirements/guidelines:
- Possess Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a recognized institution
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Have a competitive scores on the GRE General test
- Submit transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Submit reference letters from 3 individuals (References should address the applicant's aptitude for research when possible)
- Provide evidence of research experience (except applicants who are interested in Biostatistics and have majored in math or a similar field)
Once an application is complete it is sent for evaluation to the Graduate Admissions Committee. Selected applicants are invited to visit the campus and the cost of the visit is partially defrayed by the College. The visit is composed of interviews with members of the Graduate Admissions Committee, campus tours, introduction to the graduate training programs and discussion with faculty. After an applicant is interviewed, the Graduate Admissions Committee meets to decide on the qualifications of each applicant. Applicants are notified within a week or two of the interview of the Graduate Admissions Committee decision.
Tentative dates of interview weekends for 2013 are:
January 17-19; January 31-Feb 2; February 14-16; February 28-March 2; March 14-16; March 28-30; and April 11-13.